Wednesday, 3 January 2007

Finished object 1

This is the Cleckheaton baby jumper I mentioned some time ago. While neither of the parents is tall and I don't expect the baby to be big, the jumper looked far too short to me. Ths baby will be born at the end of autumn/early winter and I wanted the jumper to last more than a week or so. So today I fished it out of the plastic bag where I had put it before Christmas, and picked up stitches around the bottom on a circular needle. About an hour or less of knitting, saw an extra bit on the bottom and I put some rib on it to stop the stocking stitch curling. It really needs blocking or pressing, but as there was a sunny patch in a fairly grey day, I took a photo.

No comments: