I have been doing some knitting but not much. A week ago, I cast on a pair of socks from the geranium colour of Wildfoote which I bought last year. I already have made up the other colour and I enjoy wearing the socks which are soft and easy to wash. However, I find the wool very splitty to knit and the geranium colour shows differently on every reseller site I have looked at. The colour in real life is much more muted than I believed it to be. It's fine but it's not what I chose. Clicking on the photo linked will show largetr picture and what i thought the colour would be. As I said, it's acceptable but not what I bought it as, even though I know cameras and monitors can vary. However, it's only the second time I've been diappointd in a lot of wool, so I'm possibly lucky.
This sock, which I just finished tonight, has a very simple pattern of ladders of eyelets regularly arranged around the sock. I really like shortrow heels, but the last four pairs I have made have had heel flaps and gussets and so does this pair. Don't know why. I don't think I consciously decided that way. It just happened.
Actually, conscious decisions have been few and far between this week. I went to work on Monday and out for a birthday dinner with my sons and family that night where i didn't feel very well. I haven't had the flu, but it seemed more than a cold. perhaps one of those bugs which have mutated over the season. As usual, when I get something in winter, it's towards the end of the season. I've been off work all week, although Friday is a normal day off for me. Not much thinking. My brain was in a fog but seems to be reappearing now.